Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review: Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck


Title: Tiger's Curse, The Tiger Saga Book 1
Author: Colleen Houck
Published on January 11th, 2011
Published by Splinter
Format: E-book
Pages: 496
Source: Purchased


Summary:

"Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?


The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.

But that's exactly what happened.

Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger's Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more."


Review: 5 Stars

This book took me totally by surprise. I read it all in one day, as I couldn't manage to put it down. I initially purchased it because I loved the cover, but I am glad the book didn't just have a pretty cover, but also an excellent story.

I immensly enjoyed all that the characters had to offer. Kelsey Hayes, the main protag, is level headed and strong willed. She is unexpectedly taken on a magical journey into India to try and break a three hundred year old curse.

The main story revolves around Kelsey and her best friend, a white tiger named Ren. She has to piece together a prohpecy that could once and for all break the curse that causes to be a tiger. Kelsey must face many intense situations throughout the book, but Ren always remains by her side, helping her to overcome her obstacles.

Near the end, Ren's brother Kishan, is introduced into the story, as a possible love interest for Kelsey and a foe to Ren.

While it ends well, with no cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what Book 2 has to offer. I can't wait to continue on this wonderful journey that Colleen has created. Anyone who likes animals and magic will almost certainly enjoy this book.


Have you read Tiger's Curse yet? What did you think?


Jackie :)

3 comments:

  1. I just finished this book and loved it too! It was hard for me to get into the beginning because of my busy schedule, but by 1/3 of the way in I couldn't put it down... Book 2 was even better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the second book was even better. I can't wait to see how it all continues.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always appreciated! :)